As a follow-up to the last blog post on the potential benefits of soy, let’s talk about about some ideas on how to include more of it in our diet.
- instead of cooking oatmeal in water, cook it in unsweetened soy milk for a calcium boost
- try making a tofu scramble
- use firm tofu cubes in place of chicken or other meats in your curries, stews or soups
- try tofu stir-fries and add an Asian flare to your meals
- add silken tofu into your post-workout smoothies for a creamy texture
- try roasted soy nuts or steamed edamame for a good dose of protein and fiber
Have you tried tofu? What is your favourite recipe?